PenTest+ Certification by Hippo Cyber Institute
Hippo Cyber Institute PenTest+ for the cybersecurity professionals tasked with penetration testing and vulnerability management
Hippo Cyber Institute is a specialized Academy for Cyber Security and Defensive Techniques Training. We aim to provide “Incident-Based Learning” to the professionals so that they can learn about the importance of compliance-based assessments, gather information for performing a vulnerability scan and then analyse the results.
What makes Hippo Cyber Institute PenTest+ different?
- It is the one and the only penetration testing exam which is conducted at Pearson VUE testing center with both hands-on and performance-based questions along with multiple-choice, to ensure that each candidate has the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the required tasks on various systems.
- PenTest+ exam also includes management skills that are for planning, scoping and managing the weaknesses as well.
- PenTest+ is different from other exams because the certification that is provided requires certain things from a candidate like the ability and knowledge of how to test devices in a new environment like cloud and mobile along with traditional desktops and servers.
Knowledge about the exam!
- HippoCyber Institute PenTest+ helps in gaining the most advanced penetration testing along with vulnerability assessment and management skills that are required for determining the resiliency of the network against any kind of attack.
- Successful candidates from the Institute need to have the intermediate skills required to customize any assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.
- With guidance from Hippo Cyber Institute, candidates will achieve the best practices required for communicating the recommended strategies for improving the overall state of IT security.
What Skills Will You Learn?
PLANNING & SCOPING
Explain the importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessments
INFORMATION GATHERING &
Gather information to prepare for exploitation then perform a vulnerability scan and analyze results.
ATTACKS & EXPLOITS
Exploit network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities, summarize physical security attacks, and perform post-exploitation techniques
PENETRATION TESTING TOOLS
Conduct information gathering exercises with various tools and analyze output and basic scripts (limited to: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
REPORTING & COMMUNICATION
Utilize report writing and handling best practices explaining recommended mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
|Launch Date||July 31, 2018|
|Exam Description||The CompTIA PenTest+ certification verifies that successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to plan and scope an assessment, understand legal and compliance requirements, perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing, analyze data, and effectively report and communicate results.|
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 85 questions|
|Type of Questions||Performance-based and multiple choice|
|Length of Test||165 minutes|
|Passing Strength||750 (on a scale of 100-900)|