CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills.
Description of Course
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
This exam is intended for candidates who are advanced end users and/or are considering a career in IT. The exam is also a good fit for individuals interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as A+.
The English language version of the CompTIA IT Fundamentals FC0-U51 certification exam retired July 15, 2019. Translated versions retire December 1, 2019, and Japanese will remain available through March 31, 2020.
Why is it different?
CompTIA ITF+ helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT.
- ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
- ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
- ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for students in middle school and high school.
What Skills Will You Learn?
IT CONCEPTS & TERMINOLOGY
Comprehend notational systems, illustrate the basics of computing and explain the value of data and troubleshooting
Know how to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC or secure a basic wireless network
APPLICATIONS & SOFTWARE
Manage applications software, understand the various components of an operating system and explain the purpose of methods of application architecture
Comprehend programming language categories, interpret logic, and understand the purpose of programming concepts
Able to explain database concepts, structures, and purpose, as well as understands methods used to interface
Understand confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods
|Exam Codes||Exam FC0-U61|
|Launch Date||September 4, 2018|
|Exam Details||The new CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, software development, and database use. With this new version comes the addition of the + to further distinguish ourselves within the marketplace and represent CompTIA quality and standards.|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice|
|Length of Test||60 Minutes|
|Passing Strength||650 (on a scale of 900)|